Friday, April 11, 2014

Know Your Limits

There are days that people make requests of me, and sometimes I have a difference of opinion as to my participation in those requests.  What I mean is sometimes people will ask me to do things and I won't agree that I need to comply.  In other words, sometimes the most powerful word I know is "no."

I have found that when people ask things of me that I either do not agree with and do not engage with, the people asking get irritated.  This reaction usually occurs when people perceive they have power over me.  The only way I know to best combat these events that are always uncomfortable and rife with confrontation is to be as diplomatic as I know how and avoid speaking out of anger.  It doesn't always work, but practice makes perfect.

The bottom line for all is to know when you are not comfortable, ask for what you need, and know when to say NO.  Differences of opinion will always be there.  How you deal with them is a direct reflection of who you are and who you want to become.

Copyright 2014 Heather Corwin


No comments:

Post a Comment